Pwlldu (Welsh for Black Pool) is a beautiful, secluded bay with a history of smuggling and is a haven to walkers, artists and nature lovers and is considered by many as Gower’s best kept secret.
The Post Office / grocery store (where you can make free cash withdrawals) is just a few doors down from the property and serves the immediate local community, making this charming little house a great base to enjoy Gower.
Both Brandy Cove and Pwlldu Bay are off the beaten track, but within fairly easy walking distance of 10 to 15 minutes from the house. There are also 3 excellent local pubs, one of which is a real ale pub and another a gastro pub, within 5 minutes walking; both of which serve excellent pub food. A Coop supermarket is situated in the centre of the village.
At a glance:
- Sleeps 6
- Children over 8 and babes (in arms) welcome
- 3 double bedrooms – 1 large double with en suite (photos soon!) , 1 twin and 1 double.
- On quiet lane to beaches and coastal footpath
- Pwlldu Bay and Brandy Cove 10 – 15 minute walk
- 3 pubs serving excellent food 5 minutes walk
- Post Office selling groceries at corner
- Mumbles 15 minute drive
- Swansea 20 minute drive
- Available March – November
- No pets sorry
- Bedlinen, towels and welcome pack provided
- Plenty of parking
- South facing garden with decking
The popular blue flag beaches of Langland Bay and Caswell Bay can be very easily reached by car within 5 minutes in one direction, whilst Pennard and Three Cliffs are a 10 minute car ride in the opposite direction.
Mumbles, a small Victorian fishing village, is a 10 minute drive away. There you will find a variety of excellent restaurants, boutique clothes shops, quaint little gift shops and sporting facilities ….. ideal for browsing and shopping.
The City of Swansea with all a modern city has to offer is 6 miles away.